Labels

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

finally, we became friends!! (I)

Finally, we became friends-you and I. And guess what- we went gaga, burst into a mushy bollywood-style duet and went gyrating around the trees? No! We were boring types, you and I, and so we didn’t talk much. I kept gazing at you in utter silence and a faint smile appeared on your face. It was heavenly! And then...i started sharing with you my things- some books, some music, some other stuff, my understanding of life and the world; and my version of truths...it was all a groundwork to prepare you for one final thing- my innermost secret. I was anxious to hear you, though your way of living had spoken everything that could possibly be spoken...yours was a path of balance; mine one of extremes. You knew how to deal with the world and yet be yourself; for me it was either the world or me.
“Why were you so anxious to talk?”, you asked.
“Because you were balanced; so balanced that you reminded me of someone who was the embodiment of an ought”, i replied looking into your soulful eyes. “You know...I can’t be myself walking through the twisted lanes of the world; I myself get twisted! And then...I forget my purpose! You lived like a lotus in the puddle; and i am yet to learn that art from you. But till then, the world is not needed, you’re enough!”
“Be a little practical”, you said, perhaps wanting to tease me. “I can’t, not in the sense they use the word... please allow me to remain myself!”, I replied candidly, as usual!
I told you some facts...how things were unfair, and what was wrong with the world. Some facts you didn’t know, but other things you did.
“What did you do after leaving college?”, you asked.
I tried to work...
So then?
I couldn’t...
Why?
I dunno...
So now?
I’ll work
Why...
Coz you’ll allow me to do what i want to do...no...you’ll make me do what i want to do...

No comments: