Labels

Saturday, June 7, 2008

SATURDAY T(RAIN) IN MUMBAI 07/6/08

PART-I
It was raining outside when i opened my still sleepy eyes. Saturday being an off day, I could afford the luxury of lying in bed as long as I wanted. Initially the plan was to get-up around 10 in the morning, complete all the essential morning rituals by 11, and then set out for the churchgate bookstall I had spotted yesterday. But the temptation of that cozy feeling in the bed while it was pouring down outside was more than an excuse for a lazy guy like me to push the time of getting-up on and on till a conscious part could bear it no more and stood-up in protest. So, finally when the voice of that conscious part became too loud to let me enjoy my bliss, I extended my hand to reach out for the watch which cast almost a contemptuous look at me with its hands displaying 11:30. Bitter though, it was truth. So finally, I lay my feet on the ground, and guess what? I go straight to...(bathroom? nay!!!) computer, and start chatting with some damsels . While, as usual, nothing materializes, my friends also get up and want to use the computer. So, an annoyed I (after 1 full hour of fruitless effort at chatting) very readily give it.

ABOUT AN HOUR LATER...
My friend was now done with his work on computer and offered it to me again, and i grabbed the opportunity with both hands. I've just sat before the monitor when this (who'z this?) unknown guy sends a message- Hi F##k! Now this was like a spark in the gunpowder. I wait for a while. But the fellow starts bragging- "I dunno y everyone wants to stay wid me", only to annoy me to the extent of losing all sanity. So I reply- "Well, thats coz ur sis is very pretty!" but what's this? Instead of my name, it shows 'Manish' in the bracket. So, I figure out the whole thing instantly and realize my blunder.

Manish, my dear friend and generous host (he's the guy in whose flat i'm putting-up presently) had kept his id open and the message which pissed me off was actually sent by his best friend at college and was meant for him. OOPS!! to set things right, I had to apologetically explain the whole situation and call Manish lest the scene might go out of control. So this is how I began the day!!

No comments: