Labels

Thursday, January 31, 2008

SPEECHLESSNESS (II)

When a poet in solitude gazes at the divine splendour of the rising sun, he is filled with a flood of precious thoughts which he translates into poetry. To put it differently, he learns to speak a language which he had never known. Perhaps every artist undergoes this before giving shape to their creativity. But what if it started happening the other way round? leave alone learning some new language the poor fellow might forget even the language that he speaks. What a horrible situation it would be!! Speechless!! He would be totally Speechless, as if dumb. But this is a mere hypothesis. But can it ever happen in reality? Can anyone ever go through any experience so profound, that they go Speechless? Well, I certainly cannot answer it for artists, or anyone else for that matter, but for myself.

What I talked about in the part-I of this topic was when I had experienced speechlessness for the first time. What I am writing now is about my last speechlessness: the one I presently cherish. It is said that history repeats itself; badly so for me. The lad of high-school has grown-up today into a university student. But this time it was not like the last time which happened at the first glance. This time it was gradual. There are and have been many pretty faces around, who are, in common parlance known better as eye-candies. But she has, I feel, a kind of transcendental touch to herself as if living in this world she has remained totally untouched by its filth, reflecting something so ethereally soothing, as if divine. Not a tinge of cheapness(read phonyness). Yes, you might feel I'm now getting a little superfluous but this is my blog and I can go on and on about her. To be honest I can speak about all this because she is nowhere around, otherwise you know I would have gone, as I always go whenever she comes across-Speechless. So, the last time I became speechless was the last time I saw her, that is, a few hours ago; in the morning. But wait.... this speechlessness in not of choicelessness, but of choice!

BEAUTY-
Words are a hindrance,
Speech is futile,
Just feel, experience,
understand, and smile!!

2 comments:

vinod pandey said...

bada hi speechless banda hai bhaiiiiiiii...........really......jaha kehna chahiye waha to kuchh khte nhi aur blog me shuru ho jate hain.....wt to say more...i m speechless now

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhh its really thunderstrucking, astonishing, gobsmacked.